Looking for Marketing Interns?
Internships are very demanding nowadays since it provides a great learning & skill-development opportunity to the students. Furthermore, the companies benefit from hiring interns as they are hard-working, has different perspectives on things & are committed to giving the result.
Marketing is a field that requires a person to stay up to date with all the new technologies & trends that come up now and then in the market. Indeed, hiring a Marketing Intern is what will benefit a company in many ways. But before getting to know “how to hire Marketing Interns?”, knowing the types of marketing is important.
Types of Marketing
These are the topmost types of marketing that are in demand:
- Digital Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Product Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
Where to hire interns?
Now, once decided which type of Marketing Intern is require the next step comes is the platform to use for hiring. There are many online platforms that offer both Free or Paid Job postings online. Some that are famous worldwide are:
Moreover, you may get in touch with the College or Universities Job boards to recruit interns and increase your reach to more candidates.
How to Hire?
Hiring seems to be an easy process, but there is a lot more than just selecting a candidate for the profile. To hire the best candidates keep the following points in mind:
- Assignment — Check the skills of candidates by assigning them a small task related to the Internship role. (Content Writing, Poster Designing, SEO research, etc).
- Work Samples — Ask the candidates to share the samples of their best work. If he/she has worked on previous events/campaigns then links of those would be useful.
- Relevant Interview Questions — Prepare a list of questions that will help you whether the candidate is suitable for the profile or not. Asking irrelevant questions won’t be of any use to anyone.
- Regular Updates — Keep the candidates updated about all the rounds of Interviews, their selection status, etc.
- Giving Feedback — After the Interview always give feedback to the candidate that may help him improve, irrespective of the fact that he/she is selected or not.
- Taking Feedback — You should also ask the candidates about their feedback for the interview and what could be done to improve the Interview process.
What after hiring?
Hiring can be tedious, but these points mentioned below are important if you want the candidate to have a good Internship experience:
- Easy Onboarding — Once hired, schedule a meeting with the Intern and explain to him/her the roles, responsibilities, and how to get started with his/her work?
- Company Introduction — Briefing about the company’s mission, vision, and current goal to the Intern helps him understand & know the company in a better way.
- Basic Training — Training & making the Intern familiar with the different tools used is a must.
- Meetings — Conduct regular meetings for discussing, doubt clearing & brainstorming new ideas.
- Feedback — Asking the candidate about his/her experience of working with the company as an Intern, and what would he/she suggest making the Internship experience better?
How to hire more?
Now, we all know the importance of Internships & hiring marketing interns but how to attract more applications. One may add previous Interns Feedbacks on the company’s website or ask the Interns to recommend the Internship to their friends. Increasing the stipend amount is another good way to attract more applications. Again, this hiring process of posting Internships on several platforms is another way of marketing your company.